In order to perform Pleroma’s flakeID update, I had to upgrade my postgres database from 9.5 to something newer. I picked 10.6 because that’s what came with Ubuntu 18.04. I used pg_upgrade which worked, but performance seemed slow. I noticed that I am not alone. I was not scientific about my efforts, so I don’t know which of these two commands solved my problem, but I ran: vacuumdb -d pleroma_dev –full
Here’s what happens when you try to connect to Pleroma using the Mastodon plugin for BitlBee: 18:45 Account successfully added with tag mastodon2 18:45 ac 1 set base_url https://pl.ajin.la/api/v1 18:45 base_url = `https://pl.ajin.la/api/v1' 18:45 ac 1 on 18:45 mastodon2 - Logging in: Login 18:45 mastodon2 - Logging in: Parsing application registration response 18:45 mastodon2 - Logging in: Starting OAuth authentication 18:46 mastodon2 - Logging in: Requesting OAuth access token 18:46 mastodon2 - Logging in: Connecting 18:46 -!